Pm Jandhan Yojana 2021
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), is financial inclusion program of the Government of India open to Indian citizen (minor of age more than 10 can also open an account with a guardian to manage it), that aims to expand and make affordable access to financial services such as bank accounts, remittances, credit, insurance, and pensions. This financial inclusion campaign was launched by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi on 28 August 2014. He had announced this scheme on his first Independence Day speech on 15 August 2014.
What is Pradhan Mantri JanDhan Yojana and who else get benefit first?
Due to the Pandemic, the Government of India had announced Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan packages to ease the hardship of the poor during the period of lockdown. Under the package, Rs 500 in the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account beneficiaries to be credited from today. Let us find out the withdrawal schedule for the account holders and also about Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package, Rs 500 per month will be deposited in the accounts of Jan Dhan account holders for three months. The accounts are being credited and beneficiaries can withdraw money from 3 April, 2020.
Also Read, Top 10 Government jobs of October 2021
Features of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
Both rural and urban that is whole households of the country are covered under the scheme. For every household, financial literacy, access to credit, insurance, and pension it provides universal access to banking facilities with at least one basic account.
People can open their accounts in any bank branch or Business Correspondent (Bank Mitr) outlet.
For three security schemes, PMJDY provided a platform namely Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), and Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY).
Accounts opened under PMJDY with Zero balance. If the account-holder wants a checkbook then he/she has to fulfill minimum balance criteria.
Under this scheme, the account holders are provided with a RuPay debit card which can be used across all ATMs for cash withdrawal.
Also Read, శ్రీరామ్ రవాణా ఎఫ్డి పథకం || Shriram Transport FD Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Special Benefits
– Accidental insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh.
– Under PMJDY, the claim under Personal Accidental Insurance shall be payable of the RuPay Cardholder have performed a minimum of one successful financial or non-financial customer transaction at any Bank Branch Bank Mitra, ATM, POS, E-COM, etc.
– No minimum balance required. But for withdrawal of money from any ATM with RuPay Card need some balance and is advised to be kept in an account.
– Life cover of Rs. 30,000 that will be payable on the death of the beneficiary, subject to fulfilment of the eligibility condition.
– People who will get benefit from Government Schemes will get Direct Benefit Transfer in their accounts.
– An overdraft facility will be permitted, after satisfactory operation of the account for 6 months.
– Access to Pension, insurance products.
– Accidental Insurance Cover, RuPay card must be used at least once in 45 days.
– Overdraft facility up to Rs 5000 is given for only one account per household, preferably lady of the household.
Also, Dhani Instant Credit Line:Pay Later offer
Documents required to open the account in PMJDY
– If a person has an Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar Number then no other documents are required. If the address is changed then a self-certification of the current address will work.
– But if Aadhaar Card is not available, then any one of the mention documents officially will be valid: Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN Card, passport, and NREGA Card. If these documents have the address of the person then it will also act as the “Proof of Identity and Address”.
– If the person does not have any of the above mentioned documents then it is categorized as ‘low risk’ by the banks.
Identity Card with applicant’s photograph issued by Central/State Government Departments, Statutory/Regulatory Authorities, Public Sector Undertakings, Scheduled Commercial Banks and Public Financial Institutions;
Or Letter issued by a gazette officer, with a duly attested photograph of the person.
Visit the official website “PMJDY click here“
Download the Pmjdy official document
Also Read, How to Sell old coins, 786 notes