Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAYG), earlier known as Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY), is a scheme for rural housing by the Indian Government. This social welfare program was initiated to meet the objectives of the “Housing for All” scheme by the year 2022.
It aims to provide a 25-square meter pucca house including basic amenities to beneficiaries of the scheme. The houses provided will have certain special features such as it would be disaster-resilient, low cost, and will be built keeping in mind the socio-cultural and geo-climatic factors.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Awas Yojana Gramin
There are certain parameters based on which beneficiaries are identified for the PM Awas Yojana Gramin scheme. Once these criteria are fulfilled, individuals are added as beneficiaries in the list og PMAYG:
- Families who do not have their own houses or houses that have zero, one, or a maximum of two rooms with a kutcha wall and roof.
- Households that do not have a literate adult above 25 years of age
- Households without an adult male member between 16 and 59 years of age
- Households without any adult member aged between 16 and 59 years
- Families without any physically disabled members and with a disabled member
- Landless candidates who are earning income from casual labor like daily labour
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Minorities can easily apply.
Documents Required to Apply for PM Awas Yojana Gramin
Below-given are some of the documents or details required to apply for the PMAYG scheme:
- A Valid Aadhaar number
- A working Bank account details
- Document providing consent to use Aadhaar information on behalf of the beneficiary is required.
- MGNREGA-registered beneficiary job card number is also required if available.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) G registration number of the beneficiary.
How to Apply/Add PM Awas Yojana Gramin Beneficiary
There are four verticals to the beneficiary registration process of PMAY G:
- Providing Personal details
- Providing Bank account details
- Providing Convergence details
- Details from the concerned office
How to Check PM Awas Yojana Gramin List 2020?
Individuals who have registered for PMAY – G can check for their names in the PMAY – Gramin list with or without their registration number. The initial steps are similar for both methods, which are mentioned below.
- Go to the official website of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin pmayg.nic.in
- Hover to the menu bar on the homepage and click on the ‘Stakeholders’ option.
- A dropdown menu will appear; select the ‘IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary’ option.
- On the next page, individuals can check their name with or without the registration number as per the instructions given below.